Mia pulls off an incredible Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim.
Sailor Moon Lolita. To some, these 3 words have no meaning. To me, this meant the start of a beautiful Internet friendship with one Mia Moore. See, Mia Moore is like the Stewie from Texas. She adores Sailor Moon, lolita, and cosplay! She’s practically perfect in every way. She’s a college student with a keen fashion sense. Check out her outfits here! She also does some really amazing cosplays. You can find them all here. Such a fan of the LSP one! She also attends lolita meet-ups – the last one she went to was a Sailor Moon lolita mash up, and she made a very adorable lolita Artemis! Be sure to check out her blog for some other great content, including fabulous DIY tutorials, beauty and fashion tips, vegan recipes (she loves the animals!) and general lifestyle magic. Now, you have 3 jobs. Be sure to check out her blog, follow her on Twitter, and check out her Instagram!
1. Who was your fave Sailor Scout the first time you ever saw Sailor Moon, and who is it today?
My original favorite was Ami/Sailor Mercury! I thought she was so cool and tech-savvy and smart. Watching the series again now is so funny, all the computer gadgets look so dated. And for whatever reason, everyone thought Ami was lame! These days, I really love Usagi. I relate to her because I’m a little bit of a cry baby too, but I’ll fight for what I believe in!
2. If Mia Moore was to become a Sailor Scout, what kind of colors or accessories would you choose? What would your attack be called?I’d do pink and teal probably, it’s one of my favorite color combinations! I’m not too creative with attacks, but since all the planets are taken, I wonder if I could be Sailor Virgo or something like that? It’d be fun to be based off the Zodiac constellations!
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
I loved The Powerpuff Girls, Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog (the awful one), Dexter’s Lab, Hamtaro, Animaniacs…. the 90s were a great time for cartoons! Only recently are we starting to see some really excellent cartoons again.
4. What was your very first cosplay?
My first cosplay I ever made was a Rattata to my friend’s Youngster Joey. It wasn’t very good but it was super fun! The first cosplay I ever bought was Piyoko from Leave it to Piyoko! and it was awful, as most Ebay costumes are. I don’t think I’ve purchased a costume since then.
5. BOOM! Apocalypse! The world ends and it’s only you, and one other guy, real or fictitious, to re-populate the Earth. Who is it?
Zuko. Zuko is one of my biggest fictional character crushes I’ve had in a long time. Though I guess it couldn’t be Zuko without his honor, they are a package deal!