BlogFest Spring 2012! Big Pigs, Big Wigs, and Sweet Digs!
- spewed into cyberspace on Sunday Apr 01 12 @ 3:54 PM
Awww yeah! I attended the biannual NEPA Blog Fest at Rooney’s in Pittston. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the venue was! Not that I have anything against Pittston… >.> I went with my good pal and fellow blogface Daz aka DKSaxton where I met some of the people I have been digitally chatting with over the past 3 months or so. As you remember I was featured on PA Live as the Nepa Blogs: Blog of the week and this event too was run by NepaBlogs.org!
I had the pleasure of meeeting some of the digital brothers and sisters of the NEPA Blogs network, including:
- Harold Jenkins aka DB Echo: I don’t even know which one of his blogs to list here because apparently he has an addiction. Someone call the blog addiction hotline! This is the man behind the madness… he wore a great hat. and ran a great event with his lovely sidekick…
- Michelle Hryvnak aka @mhryvnak: I’m sorry… can we say I had no idea that her hair was such an awesome color… and that she likes Battlestar Galactica!? What what what!?? (unless this is an Office reference in which case I fail) If not, we will have to talk about this later… I can also completely get down her favorite music, listed on her blog on the About page. Nice choices lady!
- Gort 42: A fellow science fiction nerd. Gort, you have officially inspired me to watch The Day The Earth Stood Still. Also I think you should know that Gort was in the running to be one of the 10 cutest robots of all time, but as all he does is walk around and destroy things, he seems more like a robo bad boy… so maybe I will feature him in a follow up post about robot badassery and pwnage.
- Chantal aka @Varouna: Oh my god adorable! I love Chantal and J. They are sweet as pie! And J is hilarious… as you can tell. Ironically J teaches the same thing my dad teachers… African Studies! Wow!!! What are the odds! They were both charming and delightful. Oh, and Chantal… your work is super mega kawaii o___o WANT!
- Mandy Boyle aka @mandyboyle: If adorable meets writing lots of stuff meets SEO then you have yourself my potential face twin, Mandy Boyle.
Do you see the resemblances? It makes my brain hurt! She is apparently very good at high fives. I did not know this so unfortunately I did not attempt to get one. Plus she loves cupcakes… and well, I have one permanently scarred on my body, so. You know. I also met her lovely boyfriend _blank">Brent who is also a blogger!!
I did not get to meet the lovely Karla Porter, but I heard she was there. I will have to simply stalk her another time *stalk stalk*
Aside from the blogfaces I expected to meet at this event, I was overwhelmed by the amount of suits I saw! Every way I turned a cute little American flag pin adorned the lapel of a dude just waiting to shake my hand! But I can’t complain because politicians are a. smiley and b. really happy to see me. So it works out for everyone.
Some of the suitfaces I saw included Matt Cartwright, Aaron Kaufer, Duke from Dallas, Casey Evans, and Thom Shubilla. I went to college with Casey and Thom so that was an extra nostalgic little treat! The entire group of polticianfaces seemed super nice. But I guess most politicians are. Plus they all give a frack about fracking! Which is good, you know, because, I kind of prefer my drinking water to not be too flammable. But that’s just me.
Apparently along the same lines of “Big Wig” Washingtonfaces there was a fluffy piggy named Pignelope. I don’t have any real information on this pig except that it’s giant, inflatable, and adorable. My guesses on this pig’s true purpose include
• She is oinking to get into Washington
• She brings homes the bacon because of her fiscal policies
• She likes farmers and stuff. VOTE PIGGY 2012
• She thinks Washington is a real pig sty and wants to feel at home with fellow hoinkfaces
If anyone knows this pig’s true purpose… please let me know. And… SQUEESH
Don’t worry, in case this post is a little scattered and or maybe you can’t read, I broke it down here for you.